Everything you need to know in order to make your first quilt!
Philippa Naylor and Quilters' Question Time bring you a brand new Beginner Quilter class which is designed especially for students who have never made a quilt before, and for those who have done some quilting but would like to learn a lot more.
This class covers the complete quilt making procedure from start to finish, and looks in detail at every area you need to know about:
- Exploration of quilting equipment and the most suitable materials to use
- The best rotary cutting techniques with demonstrations of how to cut out and arrange your individual project
- Detailed know how on how to sew your project, including investigation into machine settings and advice on the most suitable threads and machine needles to choose
- How to get the best results with careful pressing
- Study the 'layering up' process and find out about battings/waddings
- Choose from several machine sewn quilting designs and quilt your work confidently after watching more sewing demonstrations
- Learn how to 'square up' your quilt and how to bind the edges with the neatest straight edges, mitred corners and and imperceptible joins.
Sew along with Philippa to make your own 'Super Squares' quilt. With over 4.5 hours of video explanations and demonstrations, you will gain the knowledge, confidence and skills to make not only your first quilt, but the next, and the next.....
Switch to £ GBP price