A project based review of the Bargello technique.
Starting with the 'Print Wave' quilt top design, Philippa explores:
- Fabric choices and composition
- Assembly techniques for rows including using tubes.
- Pressing techniques for the seams.
Moving on to the 'Medallion Bargello' quilt top design, Philippa further examines :
- The bargello design process
- Using grids in pattern design
- Twisted bargello patterns.
Finally the QQT Bargello bag project including all the techniques explained and demonstrated to make an attractive Bargello bag.
- Designing the sides
- Constructing the sides, including quilting
- Adding the base
- Lining the bag
- Creating and attaching a pocket
- Binding the top
- Creating and attaching the handles